Thompson Metal Fab’s operations are conducted under an ISO 9001: 2008 Quality System. We are able to develop and implement project specific programs geared to satisfy a customer’s special requirements. Traditionally, we operate in accordance with the following:
- AISC – TMF is certified for the fabrication fo Complex Steel Buildings (Cbd) and Major Steel Bridges (Cbr). We are also have the Fracture Critical Endorsement (F) and Sophisticated Paint Endorsement (P1)
- ASME/National Board of Boiler & Pressure Vessels – Thompson Metal Fab holds a "U" stamp for the manufacture of ASME Section VIII Division 1 pressure vessels and an “R” stamp through the National Board of Boiler & Pressure Vessel Inspectors for the repair and/or alteration of pressure vessels.
- Chinese Manufacture License – This is for the construction of special equipment (pressure vessels) exported to The People’s Republic of China.
- Korean Manufacture License - This is for Pressure Vessels exported to Korea.
- API – TMF holds the API 4F‐0087 monogram to design and manufacture steel derricks, portable masts, crown block assemblies, and substructures suitable for drilling and servicing oil wells.
TMF offers a full range of pre‐qualified procedures to work with the following materials:
- Carbon Steel
- AR Plate
- Weathering Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Copper & Brass
- Low Temperature Steels
- Modern Alloys
Our pre‐qualified weld processes include:
- SMAW (Stick Weld)
- SAW (Sub‐Arc)
- GMAW (Mig Weld)
- GTAW (Tig Weld)
- FCAW (Flux Core)